Located at the high ridge above the Mohawk River where early settlers had a number of grist mills, Ridge Mills opened in 1957. Ridge Mills took in what was District 13. District 13 school can still be seen in the structure at the end of Potter Road and route 46. At the opening there was only one section of each grade level, kindergarten through sixth. Mr. Edward Pascucci was the first principal. He was followed by Edward Draper, Richard Mulligan, Vincent Greico, Pat Passalacqua, and Sheila Spencer.
The school has received a number of renovations and is currently located in the former Ft. Stanwix school site on Linden Street. It is scheduled to reopen in September 2011