Home of the Bulldogs, Bellamy School is located at 7118 Brennon Ave. Construction began in July of 1959 and this school was often considered the Base school to serve Griffiss Air Force Base. Before the dedication on October 25th, 1960 the school had been referred to as River Road School, but was named for Rome Free Academy graduate (1872) Francis Bellamy author of the Pledge of Allegiance.
In September 1995 Bellamy School closed as a result of the closure of Griffiss Air Force Base. After rennovations the school reopened in 1996 until the Summer of 2008 when it was closed for two years for major renovations. On October 25th, 2010, the 50th anniversary of opening, Bellamy held a re-dedication celebration.
Hail to Francis Bellamy
Building Updates Nov 2009